For wholesale information:

Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness Champs!!

This weekend was spent, for once, entirely away from my office/studio/former formal dining room. Caitlyn had a soccer tournament in Maryland with her new BSA Rage U13 premier soccer team. We made a family mini-vacation out of it. The hotel stay was a bit challenging for Aeryn, the 2 year old, a.k.a 004, as she doesn't like to be cooped up. Even though we spent a few hours in Baltimore following Cait's game, by 8:30pm Sat. night Aeryn had enough of the hotel room and was literally hanging off the door handle, pleading with me to go "out". So with that, Zoe and Aeryn, donning jammies and freshly washed hair, ran up and down the hallway outside our room. Fortunately there was another soccer team of U14 girls who were making way more noise playing leap frog at the other end of the hall so the lighting fast pitter-patter of my little ones wasn't so bad. You'd think they would have worn themselves out but apparently they share the same genetic code as the energizer bunny and had no intentions of slowing down.

Although we didn't spend as much time as I would have liked sight seeing, we did walk around Baltimore's Inner Harbour where my sheltered children got to see homeless people for the first time. Maybe they'll appreciate their blessings a little more now? They also saw a street performer for the first time and a group of young adults happily giving away free hugs. We stopped at Phillip's for dinner. I was determined to eat crab cakes before returning to PA. YUMMMMM!!! Aeryn, on the other hand, preferred butter and tarter sauce over her hot dog and fries. She does love her condiments.

Cait's team won their division!! There were 4 games, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. She had a shut out in 3 of the games, and only allowed 2 balls in net in 1 game. Oh, by the way, she's a goal keeper. At 13 years old, the child already towers over me at 5'8ish".

Although we missed miss Zoe's soccer game this afternoon, Zach was able to make 1 of his soccer games after we arrived home and he scored a goal! Of course I missed it :-( Maybe next time I'll get to see him score again.












Looking at the week ahead, more angel pins, 2 lunch dates, 1 doctor visit, a volleyball game, ballet, gymnastics, after school practices for 001 & 002, a few custom orders and the Leesport Market Easter Craft Show Sat. & Sun. from 9am-4pm. Come visit me in the meeting room. I have lots of new pieces for Spring and I'll be having a SALE!!! Buy 2 regularly priced pieces, get the 3rd regularly priced piece (of equal or lesser value) 1/2 off!! I hope to see you there!
Have a great night! ~Heather

No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org