For wholesale information:

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Initial Bracelets & Mother's Day

These cute little bracelets are proving to be quite popular and from them I was inspired to create a new take on an old concept.  The mother's bracelet.  Or, in this case, the grandmother's bracelet.


Since I began my business 3 years ago, I've received a multitude of orders for Mother's Bracelets.  You've seen them, I'm sure.  Some are very blingy with crystals, some with gemstones, some in sterling silver.  I made myeself one for my 4 kiddies in sterling silver and gold fill. Whatever the overall look is, they all have the block letter beads in common.

 They look great but since the price of precious metals has increased over the past couple of years, so has the cost to make them and they have become an investment piece, costing upwards of a couple hundred dollars depending on how many names are included and materials used.  Over the past year I've noticed a dramatic decrease in requests for such pieces.  The concept is still a popular one though--moms and grandmoms alike, wish to represent their favorite little people in shiny, happy bling.  And so I've found a way to do so in a more affordable way.

Each child is represented by a sterling silver initial stamped tag and birth month crystal charm.  Prices vary depending on the number of charms.  A single tag and charm bracelet starts at $20.  Up to 8 tag/charm combinations can fit on a 7" bracelet which would cost $64--a far cry from hundreds of dollars.  Another great quality about this style of mother's bracelet is that it can easily be added upon for a growing family.

All of the metal used is sterling silver so it will last the test of time.  I punch the tags myself out of sterling silver sheet metal.  I stamp each 1/2" round tag and add the hole for hanging.  The chain is sterling silver cable chain that is 2.4mm thick.  All the findings are sterling silver.  I hand wrap each 4mm bicone Swarovski crystal in sterling silver wire.  I will make the bracelet to 7" but upon request I can make it smaller or larger to fit individual needs at no additional cost.  Should you like to inquire about how you can order a bracelet for yourself or someone special, just send a line or two to:
and I'll get back to you.  All US orders enjoy free shipping.  International orders are welcome--please e-mail me for shipping rates.  Your HJD purchase will arrive in a ribbon tied, cotton filled gift box ready for gift giving.  Please allow at least 2 weeks for production and shipping (International orders may take longer).

 I'm going to give this bracelet to my mom for her birthday.  She hasn't seen it yet so you're getting a sneak peak at it.  Shhh, don't tell her, it's a surprise.  I'm also going to make one for myself for mother's day.  By the way, wouldn't this be the perfect gift for a mom or grandmom for Mother's Day on May 9th??

No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org